What's going on?

My sister and I have always been REALLY REALLY close. We lived together for 10 months and she said thats when she realized she didnt like me so much anymore. She is pregnant, 26 weeks with her first son. I have an almost 3 year old. She was really close with my son. But now of course she is preparing for being a mom. She told me I am too excited about being an Aunt and I just need to calm down because I'm attacking her. And that I wont get the same experience she had with my son.

I feel like I have to be someone else now. I want to please her but I hate surpressing my feelings for making her feel like I'm crazy. I cant even show up at her house for a problem or to see her, I have to call ahead... But I welcome her whenever. She's my sister!!

Ugh. any help?

rojareb84

Asked by rojareb84 at 10:00 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Wow. She seems overly hormonal. I'm 30 weeks pregnant and I love that my sister is so involved and wanting to help with anything she can. I have a toddler and she has a 4 year old.
    Living together can deffinately cause some tension. Being around someone 24/7 is never a good thing. I'm sorry that she's acting that way towards you and for apparently no reason. All you can do is respect her wishes, but dont do things that are gonna hurt you. Hold back on some of the excitement, she might be feeling overwhelmed. It's not uncommon for her to want you to call ahead. Good luck.
    lunamuse89

Answer by lunamuse89 at 10:10 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I had a similar situation with my sister. We had always been close until the last few monthes of her pregnancy. At that point we were constantly at each others throats but as soon as she had her daughter we were closer than ever again. Dont lose hope its just hormones!
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 11:32 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• i would wait till after the pregnancy and talk to her..it could just be bitchy pregnancy hormones and everything could go back to normal afterwards..
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 11:40 PM on Mar. 30, 2009