Baby hiccuping

What does that feel like when the baby hiccups? I'm 24 weeks on Wednesday, and I don't believe I've felt this yet, though I have felt a lot of movement. Sometimes a lot in one spot. But is there a distinct feeling to the hiccups?

LittleMonster22

Asked by LittleMonster22 at 10:12 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My son used to hiccup, it's quiet funny actually. My tummy used to almost pulsate in just one spot. Picture yourself tapping ur tummy from the inside in consective taps, it's rythmic. It's so hard to explain..lol hopefully someone else can help too.
    danni33

Answer by danni33 at 10:17 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Trust me. You will know when your baby is hiccuping! Its feels like a constant rythmic jump in your belly.
    AvasMommy0115

Answer by AvasMommy0115 at 10:20 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I'm 24 weeks as well and my babe has yet to hiccup or so i think...my last pregnancy my daughter hiccuped all the time and it's as if you have the hiccups w/o getting them caught in your throat. For me it was more the last 2 or 3 months that i felt her hiccup and the feeling is just as funny as the kickin'

meli14k

Answer by meli14k at 10:24 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• When I was pregnant my son had the hiccups all the time, it felt like he was twitching but in just one spot.
    astitely

Answer by astitely at 10:51 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• oh yeah...you'll know. With my daughter it used to drive me nuts...she would hiccup everyday for 20 minutes, 2 seconds apart. I loved it but it was hard to concentrate on what I was trying to do with someone bouncing in my belly every 2 secs...lol
    Carli26

Answer by Carli26 at 11:57 PM on Mar. 30, 2009