Trying 2 get back in to school, need advice please!

I would like 2 go back 2 school, I want 2 do nursing or vet assistant (still trying 2 decide nursing would most likely be easier for me, but on the other hand I really love animals) im looking at 3 schools right now ashworth college, heald college, and everest college. So my question is: which college do you think is best? and have you been to any of these colleges, if so did they help you w/ job placement once you graduated? ( not sure where I should've posted this so I posted it here)

Red_Mama0723

Asked by Red_Mama0723 at 10:14 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i was gonna go to everet to become a nurse
    but then i found out about this place called job corps
    i can get ADN
    and then they pay for me to go to college
    after i graduate from there
    Anonymous

• How long does it take 2 be able 2 get in to job corp? And what's ADN?
    Red_Mama0723

Answer by Red_Mama0723 at 10:33 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• here is info on job corps
    its for people ages 16-25 i think
    http://quentinnburdick.jobcorps.gov/home.aspx
    Anonymous

• Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN)
    19bubbles91

Answer by 19bubbles91 at 10:40 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Everest? This is like those Bryman schools and the trade schools that take a whole lot of your money and don't care about anything else. They took all of my financial aid, I had loans and still had to pay every month. I would go to a real school. In a real school, you get your financial aid, not the school directly. Bryman screwed me over, and Everest took them over. ADN is associate degree in Nursing. I believe you can go through community colleges and then a university. Good luck!

Anonymous

• here is a better website then anon gave u http://recruiting.jobcorps.gov/home.aspx
    19bubbles91

Answer by 19bubbles91 at 10:41 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Thank you, is job corp really good? I've heard of it but I havent heard whether its good or not, do they help with job placement?
    Red_Mama0723

Answer by Red_Mama0723 at 10:47 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• ya they help with job placement
    and its wut u make of it i loved it sometimes and hated it other
    19bubbles91

Answer by 19bubbles91 at 10:48 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I think going for a nursing degree is probably going to provide you with the most employment opportunities in the future since so much of the population is getting "up there".

I understand why you'd want to be with animals, though. Maybe you could volunteer at a shelter to satisfy that. Some private animal help groups also need people to walk dogs, clean cages, educate the public and help at fundraisers. When I lived in California, there was a place in Redwood City that was a terrific organization. It's called Pets In Need. You can reach them at petsinneed.org. They might also have answers to your question about vet assisting.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 3:27 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I go to Everest. I'm studying Medical Assisting. There is a ton of homework, but there is lots of hands on in the classroom. I'm loving it so far. And as for them taking the financial aid, isn't that what the financial aid is for? To pay for school? Anyway, I've not had any problems financially with them. And yes, they do help you to get a job when you graduate. I will do an externship for the final month and a lot of times you get hired through that.
    kristinas8

Answer by kristinas8 at 3:00 PM on Jun. 7, 2009