I want more kids in the future but my husband doesnt, what should i do?

we currently have a one yr old daughter, so the other day i told him i want a son when our daughter turns about 5 and he said he didn't want anymore kids. but he knew i wanted a 2 or more kids before we married. i just want my daughter to have a sibling to play with and hopefully get a lil boy like i wanted the first time.

shaimommy

Asked by shaimommy at 10:16 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well you have some more time before your daughter turns five, i would let him think about it, he may open up to it more as your daughter gets older. ; ]
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 10:19 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Give it some time. The first year is scary, and I think as mamas we don't really help to quell their concerns about having another baby and dealing with those hormones all over again! You'll both naturally figure out what's right for your family, most likely, but it'll be down the road a bit.
    sweetphoenix529

Answer by sweetphoenix529 at 11:00 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• No tricking him into another kid.

What did HE want before you got married? You don't mention that.

Give it time. What's supposed to happen will happen. You may find that one is fine. I did.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:03 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I don't know if your husband will be the same as others, but I have heard this quite a few times from friends and family. My husband did the same thing. He said he NEVER wanted another baby. He was very insistent and said he knew for a fact that he wouldn't want another. Well, right before our son turned three he said to me one night, "You know... I think I want to have a little girl". Nine months later we welcomed our second boy into the world!

I would suggest giving him time to think about it. You are a few years away from your first turning 5. A lot can happen over the next few years. Even though they don't want to admit it, men get baby fever too. Good Luck!

AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 2:25 AM on Mar. 31, 2009