Has anyone on here on CM finished paying child support? Or the dh/so

If so what does that feel like we still have 5 more years.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Money & Work

• Well I have been putting mine away in a savings account for my daughter for the last 10 years or so, so it really didn't affect us. She is now 18 and there is a good chunk in there for her education and a down payment on a house when she is ready. I imagine though if you are using it to truly help support you and your child each month, it might be a bit of a shock when it ends. There was no fanfare, just signed the legal papers saying that I approved the support being stopped and that was it. The support stopped immediately.
    wyldreams

Answer by wyldreams at 11:08 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• No but we're counting down...6 more years!!! I can't wait to see what it feels like..My husband pays it. well, we both do but it's for his kid.
    Anonymous

• My Dad finished for my brother this month - well he was writing checks to his ex wfie and she was writing them back to him b/c they didn't want to go through the courts when my brother moved in with my Dad - he chose not to collect CS from her.

However, on the day of my brothers birthday she called to say she didn't ahve as much money for his college (for the third time she's downgraded the ammt)

Yay

Since we receive CS I just count down the days until we an stop paying our attorney b/c I gurantee we'll be in court til she's 18. (Shes 14 now).
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 2:12 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• My daughter received her final payment last year. She was 19 and had just decided not to go back to college. Her father had to finish paying his arrears and after that we received the court order stating it had ended.

I know it's a necessity, but man was it a pain in the butt.
    Anonymous

• Last June. It was great, even though she got married 5months before so I guess we were paying her husband to support her but mu husband was too lazy to call the courthouse.
    Anonymous