did anyone else's food stamps go up?

im on food stamps because i have 2 kids and there are litteraly NO JOBS were i live. I have gone even to temp agencies and nothing. Anyways i just noticed my food stamps went up 80.00 has this happened to anyone if so how much?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think all the judging of people using food stamps is wrong. I have never been on food stamps in my life, but I am trying to get a job making $13/ hr and my hubs hasn't found a job yet. Even if I get this job, my family of 4 will NOT be able to pay bills and eat. If I have to, I will get food stamps to feed my 3yo and 14m old, and I will not feel guilty about it. I have paid taxes for 25 years, and my kids are not going hungry. All you judgmental people out there make me ill.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 12:15 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• D*** it, I was off 36 hours. . .
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:25 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I live in VA and everyone down here has gone down by like $100.
    mama28th

Answer by mama28th at 10:29 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• You seriously doubt there are no jobs where the OP lives? Really?
    The state I live in has the second highest unemployment rate in the country right now. I have friends who have been out of work for months and are unable to find a job, including at fast food restaurants!
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 10:49 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I agree that there have been quite a few of these posts recently. But to a previous poster, there are areas of the country that do not have jobs available. I am signed up with our unemployment office and there is nothing there. The employment ads in the paper are nonexistant (unless you are a nurse, then there are ads for you, too bad the sight of blood makes me vomit). Our unemployment rate is fast approaching 10% (we are at 9.6% now).

OP - glad to hear your FS are going up!
    Anonymous

• Where I live it is the 2nd highest unemployment in the state.

I do not know much about food stamps to answer that question. Maybe call the Welfare office?
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:11 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I think everyone on food stamps should be able to stop explaining themselves to everyone on why they get them. More people are going on food stamps every day, and no one said she couldn't make any money, but giving blood is not a job. And on another note, if there are that many people in her area without a job, do you really think they have money to give to her or anyone else to mow their lawn? Grow up and stop judging. Food stamps went up because food is getting more expensive and everyone should be able to eat. I am happy your food stamps went up and I hope you can buy yourself something special this month, because by next month food prices will have gone up again.
    Anonymous

Report this answer

ha! well put!

ppl are just so judgmental it kills me,when an if shit hits the fan in their lives they will be posting a question asking:how did you do it,where do i apply,my blood donation is just not enough to feed the family..yatta yatta.
    mom231child8

Answer by mom231child8 at 12:19 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Well, I guess I'll actually answer the question.

Yes, your food stamps went up in April. I believe it was a part of the stimulus package. It's 20 per person per household, from what I've read.

Godspeed.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:22 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• We have removed at least one answer from this question. Moms are looking for responses from other members that address the question they have asked. Please don't post judgmental or rude answers. They're not appreciated and will be removed by the CafeMom Team.

***The CafeMom Admin Team
    CafeMom Admin

Answer by CafeMom Admin at 12:47 AM on Mar. 31, 2009