How many people think it is crazy that we want 4 kids, and want to do foster care when all my children are 7 and older??

Everyone I know thinks I am crazy.. but I know that is what I want to do.... Even if it will make things a little tighter, I am a good mom, and I want to help other kids who don't have good parents in their lives.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• If you're crazy, then my best friend should have her head examined. She and her husband have three birth children ages 20, 19 and 17 (all still live at home.) They currently have three young children from foster care, two of which they adopted last Friday, ages 2 1/2, 2 and 1 year old. They are awaiting the 2 1/2 year old's release for adoption and also hoping for two more children to be placed with them. I was a foster parent before adopting my own children and I can tell you it's the best thing I ever did with my life. Good luck, I hope you go ahead with it.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 5:13 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I want at least five kids.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 10:24 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I believe it is God's will that people take the all of the children that He gives. So I hope you will do just that and foster too:-)
    lilhoney

Answer by lilhoney at 10:27 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I am pregnant with #4 and would love to have more. But my bestfriend is one of those you have 2 kids and that is more than enough. I have trouble with people thinking that I ignore my older ones, and it is not the case. I just quit leaving the conversations open to opinion or argument, they know how I feel and leave me alone about it.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 10:27 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I don't think you are crazy at all. There are a lot of kids that need caring people to help them out. Good for you.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:35 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Ur not crazy, ur strong, u go girl!
    Red_Mama0723

Answer by Red_Mama0723 at 2:01 AM on Mar. 31, 2009