How do you feel about your body after having children?

Lately I've been feeling down on myself because I still have weight left over from my pregnancy. I signed up for a gym membership for cheap since I'm a college student but my SO doesn't agree with me doing it, saying I could easily run around the block. But he doesn't understand that I need more extensive exericise. I like the program because they weigh you, determine what your strengths and weakness are, and tell you how to achieve your goal weight. He drives me nuts!! He has no idea what its like to be a woman who has lost her body to having a baby! Do you agree with him?

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 10:29 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well, my a$$ and boobs got bigger, but I have a lot less time to worry about it. . .

Plus, every time I mention going on a diet, DH tells me he likes everything where it is. . .
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:30 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• If it's affordable and you have the money for it then sure!
    I know those are a whole lot more motivational than trying to do it yourself.
    I'm starting to like some of my body, but there's a lot of areas I don't like.
    Anonymous

• If all that got bigger was my ass and boobs, I wouldn't complain...lol
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 10:31 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I hate what I look like after having kids plus I am having thyroid problems, it SUCKS! My husband says he loves me just the way I am, I said that was nice but I don't!!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 10:32 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I have the same problem...my DH keep saying that theres nothing wrong with the way I look. Even though I feel like he's only saying it out of obligation. But non the less we as women still want to look and feel good for ourselves. Thats the most important thing. I've completely lost my body, stretch marks and belly sags. I started the Alli diet plan and now I right in my journal daily about the effects if you ever wanna check it out.
    mama28th

Answer by mama28th at 10:35 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• After two c-sections, my tummy is hanging a bit. If I would ever have plastic surgery I would get a tummy tuck.
    Anonymous

• Honestly, im digusted with my own body now I hate looking in the mirror cuz all I see is my sagging stretchy stretch mark stomache
    Red_Mama0723

Answer by Red_Mama0723 at 10:42 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• My body will never be the same and I am happy with that. Yes, I would like to lose weight just to be healthier but I will never be a size 4 again. I will always have my baby pouch and my baby is 13 yrs old.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:45 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Do I like my body as well as I did before I had kids? Of course not. But it doesn't matter what I look like. My children are a blessing - every one of them - and I sure wouldn't trade them for a good looking body!
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 10:55 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• i think he is wrong. its good that you put worth extra effort to get back in the shape you were. i quit work when i was 4 months prego and after i had my baby i noticed that i had no butt. i guess if you sit on it all the time it goes away. i'm exercising at home now, i still have a little belly left. my SO is very dedicated to his gym. he is there 5 days a week or more. he wants me to go with him, but im too embarrassed. he also wants me back in a bikini this summer. unless i can look in the mirror at myself and not gag, thats not going to happen.
    Anonymous