Okay, so who out there has pit bulls around their kids, and who would take their kids to a daycare that has a pit bull.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• I do. We found Brutus on the side of the road trying to eat rocks. He was so lethargic he couldn't hold his head up and so covered in fleas we thought it was dirt --- he bled when we bathed him. We didn't think he'd make it thorugh the weekend, but he did. Three yr old putbull... weighed less than 30 lbs.

Now he's the fattest dog I have.... wouldn't trade him for all the world. The only reason he's currently an outside dog is because our house is so small. When we get the new house this summer, he's coming indoors permanently. I LOVE that dog... he's my baby.

My kids are 10, 6, 5, & 2 and interact with him daily. I have NO apprehensions with him at all.

As for daycare --- I can't objectively answer that question. I would never put my kids in any daycare.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 10:58 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• There is no way in God's green earth would I ever take my children to a daycare that there was a pit bull. Besides that they are banded within the city limits of the town we live in.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 10:41 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I had a pit bull for about a year, she was a nice dog, but with all the talk when I found out I was pregnant, I gave her away to a family who was comfortable with her. I wouldn't do the daycare with the pit bull just because you honestly never know. Try reading a few articles on the dogs, that is what I did when I found out I was pregnant, and it helped me make my decision... Hope this helps.
    P.S. I loved that dog though!!!
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 10:46 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I have a daycare. I own 2 pit bulls and they are beautiful, Loving, Obedient dogs. I do know that they are animals. No matter what breed I wouldn't have them inside. I keep them in thier own room on my back porch or outside when ever any children from outside the home are here. Daycare kids, or other guests. you just have to be responsible, And that is the biggest thing in choosing a daycare provider. Pitt Bulls are great loving animals!!!
    muzikgrl477

Answer by muzikgrl477 at 10:47 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I have a pit bull mix, but he is my dog and I know him and how he is. I would never ever leave my kids with out me around any dog I don't know Let alone a pit.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 10:47 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I have a lot of friends with pits, and most of them i let my son around cause they have good owners and are around alot of other kids and the dogs listen to them. I am also getting a pit case one of my friends' dog just had puppies.
    I wouldnt take my kids to a daycare that had pits though, unless i knew the owners and the dog.
    Anonymous

• I also have two children myself whom are around our dogs all the time, and we have never had a problem. They are great dogs, with the proper training of course. Check and make sure they have all thier shots too. all daycare animals must be up to date!!
    muzikgrl477

Answer by muzikgrl477 at 10:49 PM on Mar. 30, 2009