im 20 weeks with my first baby...

and still only look rally chubby... i was cubby before but now looks like ive just gained more weight and stil not looking preg is this normal? and also...is it normal to not feelbaby moveyet? last apt she was moving from heartbeat machine... finally got hearbeat after 6 mins and thenlast us about 2 weeks ago could see her moving... so whycant i feel her???

mandi1989

Asked by mandi1989 at 10:51 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes, that's normal if you have a slight frame. It is also very normal for you to not have felt the baby yet. It'll happen. If for some reason you still aren't feeling the baby move by say... 23-25 weeks, I'd definitely give the doc a call. Have your u/s been good so far?
    ourbabykins

Answer by ourbabykins at 11:00 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• ya both have been normal so far.... and dr says her heartbeat is strong everytme weve heard it... my next drs apt is on the 10th of this month...
    mandi1989

Answer by mandi1989 at 11:03 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Thats normal i didnt look pregnant til i was about 24 weeks thats also when i started feelin baby move alot...
    Logan17000

Answer by Logan17000 at 11:53 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I think I was about 22-23 weeks when I first felt kicks with my first. And I actually started to look pregnant around that time, too. You usually get to look pregnant and feel kicks earlier with second and subsequent children.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 12:50 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Some people don't show at all on their first one. Some people gain weight by the book. Everyone is different.
    Sometimes your baby's movents will feel like a flutter or like gas. I would say if you can't feel the baby move in a couple weeks then tell the doctor that you havn't been able to feel the baby kick. With my first I felt him move at 18 weeks and then the second I felt her kick at 13 weeks (yep that soon, she wasn't active, it would just be one kick by my pelvis).
    One thing that you can try is drinking some juice around seven pm and laying down with your hands right above your pelvis. The juice should make your baby more active and the placment of your baby is low right now. Try this and you might feel your baby. Good luck :D

JenFunSniffer

Answer by JenFunSniffer at 2:45 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I didn't show until I was almost 30 weeks... now at 32 it's like my belly popped up over night. I'm still not big for how far I am... but it's at least visible now.

and I din't feel anything til 22 weeks... before that I just felt like bubbles were popping in my tummy every once in a while.
    emmetsmom09

Answer by emmetsmom09 at 4:30 AM on Mar. 31, 2009