my hubby wants me to be sexy 24/7 how can i make him & me happy?

i'll admit i'm not the dress up type. and i'm not the type that will be waiting in front of the door when he comes home everyday and jump on him to tell him how much i miss him. i love him to death, but i want to be comfortable in my own home, i don't want to feel like i always have to have my hair done and be dressed up just to sit in the house and look pretty for him everyday. i can kinda see where he's coming from but if i do get sexy for him i feel like it should be every once and awhile not every day/week when he gets home. i wanna make him happy but i wanna be happy to. i don't wanna feel like i always have to try hard to impress my husband.

shaimommy

Asked by shaimommy at 10:54 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• I know exactly where you are coming from except my DF doesnt really care he knows I am a SAHM so why waste make up just to sit home all day I have more important things to do, and he gets that I on the other hand am actually the one who wants to look good for him, so I kinda just go half way like casual sexy jeans a nice shirt and a little bit of eye make up does it for me and honestly works wonders, it helps me to feel better about myself too. But if he isnt good with that then I would just tell him if he wants you to be sexy all the time then you expect the same outta him
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 11:04 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• There's as difference in trying hard and doing normal things you'd do every day to leave the house. When I'm still wearing my gown when my hubby comes home he'll say "get dressed up for me"? or "nice hair do today, do that just for me (knowing I haven't even combed it lol).
    Men want us to have on normal clothes, and to atleast bathe and comb our hair daily. You wouldn't want to come home to him if he looked like crap.... neither would I (even tho I am horrible about not doing it enough too
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 11:04 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Tell him how you feel. That when you are at home you want to be comfortable just as he wants to be comfortable when he is at home. He should respect this. If you all want to go out for a date or have a special dinner in, go ahead and get dressed up for him. But when you are at home you have every right to be comfortable and relax (as much as a mom can be relaxed).
    Anonymous

• make him happy, dressing nicely will not hurt you and will make him happy so do it...
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 11:15 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I agree with hautemama83 - You dress up for him when he is home if he does the EXACT same for you (no jeans and t-shirt!!!).

I think we should have a new national holiday... Men go through what women go through day! The men should have to shave their legs, bikini line and underarms... they MUST wear at least 2 inch heals... super short skirt... cleavage bear, skin tight shirt... make-up... hair done up and looking perfect. Then they must care fr the kids, take them to the park, clean the house, cook the dinner (NO take out allowed!!!), bathe the kids, get them ready for bed, and then spend the night finishing the chores before having to go to bed trying to avoid the advances of the spouse because he is too tired.
    Anonymous

• I agree with others. You don't have to be totally dressed up but at least look like you got dressed in the morning. I totally understand how you feel, but honestly it will also make you feel better about yourself when you look in the mirror and see combed hair, fresh face, and neat clothes. =)
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 11:18 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Now this question can have many different answers all guys find sexy diff. things, and all girls on comfortable diff ways. So I'll tell you what I did when my hubby had this complaint. My hubby thinks sexy is nice bottoms and low cut or tight fighting shirts, which is easy for us cause we live in az and that is confortable. So every day right before he comes home usually I slap on some lip gloss and a little light shimmer on my eyes. I were some nice pants or shorts, and put on a nice shirt and my jewelery. Wet my hair and put some mouse in it. What he thinks takes all day takes 15 mins. I only wear shirts for special occassions as well as fully doing my hair or make up. This seems to work out nicely and it takes little effort. The only exeption is pregnancy which in that case I will only look sexy when I want to and he is not dumb enough to even comment. I hope this helps a little.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 11:24 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• i dont think it has to be 24/7 but i think maybe once or twice a week is reasonable. i can't say i do this every week but once in awhile, i will make the effort. I'm asking my hubby why men want that...he says men want to know us women care enough about them to want to look hot for them. that men see hot women at the stores and then come home to their SOs in pjs..it's not cool. granted those same women prolly go home and throw on pjs too..but it's what men see at the stores that count. I get what he's saying...i think there should be a balance tho. maybe once or twice, you both try and look nice for one another??? jmo and my hubbys..lol.
    danni33

Answer by danni33 at 11:29 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I get up, get dressed, do a little tinted moisturizer/mascara/lipgloss thing, and that's as good as it gets.

of course, some days I'm lucky if he showers. . .
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:47 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• To be comfy you don't have to be frumpy!

And even if you wear your frumpy clothes ALL day...take that 15 mins right before hubby gets home to dress up {when I say "dress up" I'm meaning something matching, cute, AND comfy} JUST FOR HIM! It makes these guys go wild knowing that their wife took that time just for them! Makes them feel good, and feel important to us.

It's really just a small thing that will put a smile on our husband's faces! That in itself is well worth the effort to me!!
    momneedscoffee

Answer by momneedscoffee at 11:55 PM on Mar. 30, 2009