how do i potty train my lil girl?

she goes to the bathroom with me and watches me pee all the time. she even says pee pee. but when i take her diaper off she just stands there and pees right on the floor and starts laughing. what to do what to do

shaimommy

Asked by shaimommy at 11:09 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When she says pee pee take her and set her on the potty

http://www.pottytrainingconcepts.com/A-How-to-Potty-Train-Toddler.html
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 11:11 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Sit her on her potty and make her stay there til she goes (sit in the bathroom w/ her) once she goes say good job and clap ( u know, do the whole praise ur child for good deeds bit) and give her a food she really likes, it worked w/ my dd. Although she still has issues w/ pooping in the potty its like she's afraid to poop in the toilet its really weird
    Red_Mama0723

Answer by Red_Mama0723 at 11:24 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• i bought a book on potty training called "the no-cry potty training solution" by Elizabeth Pantley. i know potty training shouldnt be rocket science, but i knew i was ready to potty train my daughter but i wanted to make sure SHE was ready. the book gave me helpful quizzes to determine if she was ready. Questions like does she bring u an object when u ask for it. does she take direction easily, does she understand the words wet, dry, pee pee , poo poo. Turns out my daughter isnt ready yet but is in a pre potty training stage...so im almost there...o and also it takes 3-12 months for ur child to be FULLY potty trained .....u can buy the book or pm me and i can send u a copy of the quizzes and tips on potty training if shes ready
    tweetledii

Answer by tweetledii at 1:07 AM on Mar. 31, 2009