New Carpet

My SO and I are remodeling a house. Right now we are staying with my mother until its done. Someone is coming to lay carpet in it this week, we aren't moving in until the first of May, but i was wondering if new carpet is bad for a newborn?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm not sure, but Dr Phil just oversaw new carpet in Nadya Suleman's house, and they remodeled and painted the nursey the week the preemies came home. I kinda wondered that myself. Must have been better than what they had before, though.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 11:25 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• There are some chemicals associated with new carpets that can cause breathing problems. Visit the house often to "air it out"- open the windows, etc and vacuum before you bring home baby.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:29 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Check out this link:

http://www.healthyhomeplans.com/articles/information4.php
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 11:49 PM on Mar. 30, 2009