u/s

ok im 15 weeks and i have a doc app on april 1st do you think when they do any u/s they can tell the sex?? ill be 15 weeks and 3days when i go

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Usually around 20 weeks. The earliest Ive heard them tell the sex of a baby is 16-18 weeks.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 11:20 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I was 18 weeks and 3 days pregnant. If they cant this time then they should be able to at your next appt.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 11:24 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• They might guess, but don't take it to heart. This early it's pretty hard to tell.
    Lilbeamercomin

Answer by Lilbeamercomin at 11:34 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Yeah, I've researched its 4 1/2 to 5 months is the earliest. Definitely not at 15 weeks... unless the original dating is off.
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 12:26 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• i gotta a for sure at about 15 weeks 6 days. yes they can tell but might not tell you. i would ask them to look and then get a pic and compare it to internet pics. its pretty straight forward. 3 lines between the legs means girl and an obvious penis is a boy lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• they can guess. I have heard that you can find out at nine weeks and with my baby girl I went to one of the 3D ultrasound places at 12 weeks to find out the gender (they do a 2D to find out the gender). It's better if you wait until after 12 weeks because that is when the testies drop for the boys, but some boys are late and for a nice big piture they recomend 20 weeks because the baby is big and the baby has some room to swim.
    I would ask but don't go out and buy your baby a bunch of clothes until you know for sure.
    JenFunSniffer

Answer by JenFunSniffer at 3:05 AM on Mar. 31, 2009