Azaelas (hope i spelled that right_

we are moving into a new house soon. right now we are doing alot of work to the inside. but in the back yard there is a big garden full of azaela plants. The lady who owned the house kept it up and they told me that better home and gardens even came and took pics of them. no one has lived in it for a while because she was in a nursing home so the plants arent looking very good. i know nothing about gardening but i would like to make it look pretty again. does anyone know anything about how to take care of azaelas? (again i hope i spelled it right)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I have azaleas and I can tell you that if yours are fully established that they are pretty low-maintenance. Only water them if you are having a drought period. They usually bloom in late February or early March in Texas. I was told to fertilize them only AFTER the blooms have died off, since blooming takes alot out of the plant. We seldom, if ever, have to trim them back.
    etexmom

Answer by etexmom at 8:57 AM on Mar. 31, 2009