my hair is falling out

i need help. my hair is always falling out. not in big wads or anything but im always having to get my hair off my son, and unstop the shower drain, and i have to put it up when i cook or it will get all in the food. im shedding like a dog! what can i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Mine too! Especially after I had my son. My hair had gotten stronger, so I dyed & relaxed it. I think that is the main reason for my damage. My hair sheds everywhere! I even pick hair off my son and his toys and things. I am black, so there are all kinds of oils & conditioners & scalp treatments that supposedly help. I use a thickening oil on my scalp. Even if it doesn't work, it's something to keep my roots moisturized & healthy. I don't know what kind of hair you have, but go to a dermatologist or a salon and have them recommend you something to use.
    Anonymous

• Stress can cause your hair to fall out. Just watch out for bald spots that can be a sign of alopecia areata my mom started out that way with her hair just falling out a little then one day I went to dye it for her and fould a bald spot she went to the dr and discovered she had alopecia areata. Try to relax more and if that dont help I'd talk to your dr
    Anonymous

• How old is your child? Hair loss is normal in the months postpartum and ift will stop on its own. You didn't shed anything while pregnant so your body's making up for it.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:51 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Get your thyroid checked. That is a symptom of hypothyroidism.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 2:09 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Mine was falling out and I had spots that were all but bald. I finally convinced a doctor to check my thyroid. I went on medicine and that finally slowed it but what helped it actually grow back and get thicker was green smoothies, evening primrose capsules, olive oil in the smoothies or flax seed, and biotin capsules. It took almost two years but my hair is thicker and the spots have grown back. You can learn more at greensmoothiegirl.com I DO NOT GET ANY compensation from this site--it has just been a big help to me:-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I have to agree with biotin , evening primrose and olive oil , also try natural rawrefined coconut oil ,Dont use shampoos with cetaryl alchohol or sodium lareth sulfate or anything that starts with sodium they strip the oil right out ,Also have your thyroid checked , It could be that too , Good luck I'm in the same boat .I hate my hair I have, it its just so fine and limp, I have tried every expensive shampoo and conditioner and the cheap stuff ,I take massive vitamins too I just dont get it but it could be stress too , Dont rule anything out ,Go to the DR though
    Anonymous