What does thrush feel like on your nipples?

and can you have it without your baby having it?

bluelady27

Asked by bluelady27 at 11:35 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it feels like hell!!! hell on earth!!! lol... but really, like a blow torch is being turned on in your breast! it hurts! and if you get it, your baby gets it... use gentian violet... its great stuff, its the only thing that worked for me, the antibiotics the doctor gave me didn't work... but this stuff took it away in a matter of hours! research it, search thrush remedies or something, and it'll show gentian violet!!! good luck!
    sweetmama8

Answer by sweetmama8 at 10:33 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• It can feel like yo're on fire. And yes, if can be present with no symptoms in baby.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:48 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I haven't had it... but have heard it described as like broken glass
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:03 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• It feels like you have glass shards coming out of your boobs. You'll know it if you have it. It's horrible.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 11:22 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• For me (currently inflicted with thrush) it burns on my nipples and while she's eating I get shooting, burning pains in my breasts (from the nipple to the outer breast). My pediatrician gave me some medicine for her and told me to apply anti-yeast cream (like you use for a vaginal yeast infection) to my nipples. My mom also suggested I eat a lot of active yogurt.
    Definitely get it taken care of it you think you have thrush. It will keep passing back and forth between you and the baby if you don't.
    doubleyouteeeff

Answer by doubleyouteeeff at 11:10 PM on Apr. 1, 2009