I havent found any real work from home jobs yet.. Have you?

I have had so many ppl tell me about their jobs online making money. Some I have checked out and its either a scam or you have to spend so much to start up. And the promise to make any money back is slim. Are these ppl lying?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Money & Work

• Im with cashcrate... feel free to check out my website to learn about it.. Its not a scam like most people say. They just dont know how it works. By all means its not a huge money maker- but you can turn it into one if you really work at it.

http://makingfreemoney.weebly.com
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 11:57 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I'm with ChaCha.com. I'm a guide for them, it's a legit company but you don't make a whole lot unless you put in a lot of hours. But i'm just in it for a little extra money. What it is, is people text a question to 242242 (chacha), and chacha routes the question to a guide who is at home on their computer. The guide then uses the internet to find an answer to the question, replies to the question via internet, and that's it. You make anywhere from 10-20 cents per question answered, and each question normally takes 3 minutes or less to answer. It's been really busy lately, so pretty much immediately after answering one question, another pops up. It's free to start up, they provide you with training just like a normal job, and there is an account page that shows you your earnings as you make them. It's very good opportunity for someone who just needs a couple hundred dollars a month or so.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:01 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Do you have a particular skill, education? I have used sologig.com elance.com and ifreelance.com as there are can be many that meet my background. Good Luck...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:17 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Elance.com here, too. (and now I'm going to have to check out sologig and ifreelance)
    It's not "a" job, it's a place to bid on freelance work. It's free unless you want to pay a monthly fee for extra perks, but you don't have to recruit people or sell stuff, paying extra just means you get to apply for more jobs in a month and market yourself in more than one category.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:44 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• For a while I was a Virtual Assistant (you can do a Google search for a nationally accredited company), and if you have some solid business skills, you can either set up your own home-based business and freelance your own projects or work for someone else who has set up their own virtual assistant business that may need some virtual assistants to work for them.

Virtual Assistants save small and growing companies a lot of money, as they don't need to pay for the office space of another employee, the overhead or the salary for someone when business is slow--it's kind of an "a la carte" approach--only work when there is work to be done. Pay can be anywhere from $10-$75+ per assignment. The better you are, the complicated the project, the more you earn.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:26 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• look at www.tgw247.com   It is what i do and love it. Message me and I can show you how.

jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 8:59 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• If you're interested in being a work at home mom, you should read my blog with more information. Be a Work at Home Mom

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 9:46 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Yes, you are right. So many companies out there. I too was in the same position as you. In November of last year I started the task of researching sites for a sah business. From posts on Facebook, CafeMom, Moms Like Me, I am Modern (a No.VA magazine), Circle of Moms....I was getting overloaded.
    I asked myself, what do you like most in your home....Candles. Yep, candles. So I searched candle companies. Gold Canyon had what I was looking for...NOTHING is free but I felt their vision, company mission fit me perfect. Message me if you would like to talk.
    I haven't made tons and I think alot of that is due to the economy right now. You have to find a product you believe in and WANT to sell.
    Best to you
    Marianne www.mygc.com/mariannecorns
    540-338-3991
    Marianne531

Answer by Marianne531 at 9:59 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• There are lots of companies out there that are legit. If you are looking for a JOB, you shouldn't be paying anything! But if you are looking for a business there will be a fee and there is no reason you can't earn it back each and every time. I have done MANY businesses and all of them were workable, with the exception of one, but just weren't for me. The one I am with now if great and I am earning great money!

If you check out my site there is a list of LEGIT home businesses, including mine, and a list of Legit WAH Jobs. The problem is people don't want to work if they are at home.

www.Sabrinas-Closet.info

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:20 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I agree with Marianne531 - I am also a candle business owner, but with Mia Bella. I also researched (and researched and researched!). Find something you can be passionate about and have fun doing. Most home business opportunities do have a start up cost associated with them - but, you couldn't start an actual business for those costs any other way. As with any business, you get out of it what you put into it. So many people quit or give up when they don't make a huge amount of money right off the bat and then label them 'scams'. Treat a home business like a big business and you'll get big business results! Good luck in your search.
    Christi
    ChristisCandles

Answer by ChristisCandles at 12:21 PM on Mar. 31, 2009