Do you believe the power of prayer works?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• yes I do. There are just too many times that something extra ordinary happened that could only be explained by God listening to my prayers or the prayers of other on my behalf.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 11:57 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Yep...I have proof. I have seen God in the flesh while deep in prayers. I feel sorry for people who think praying is a waste of time.
    Anonymous

• Not necessarily in the way people think. I believe the purpose of prayer is not to change God's mind so He will do what we want, but to bring us into closer fellowship with Him. As we present needs it is saying "God I need you", but asking for things in prayer is only one part of prayer. Prayer is in its simplest form communication between my heart and God's. It is me talking to Him, worshiping Him, and just being with Him. It is also one of the times He talks to me. Sometimes with words, sometimes with feelings, sometimes just in sensing His presence with me.

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 11:46 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• yes, but there not always answered like id hoped. But he is the Lord and he knows what we need. Some times its a blessing that we dont always get what we deserve.( prayer is unlimted access to the lord) Amen~
    Anonymous

• yes!
    mommiejay453

Answer by mommiejay453 at 1:50 AM on Mar. 31, 2009