I feel like a bad mother, I'm almost four months pregnant

and I also have a 19 month old little boy, I feel so bad that I am so tired everyday I just don't want to go out or do anything anyone else go through this while pregnant "or" feel like this too?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Dont feel bad, being tired is normal...i know your kid needs your attention but try doing something both of you can do, like snuggle up and watch cartoons..or read a book. are you depressed or just tired/?? I was extremely tired too.
    Ilovemychi

Answer by Ilovemychi at 11:47 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Well I don't have other children but i know what you mean about not feeling like doing anything it doesnt make you a bad mother tho your body works hard all day long making that baby inside you so dont feel bad if you dont do the housework or drop other baby off with grandparents once in a while you have a lot of responsibility on your shoulders Its ok to need a break.
    Logan17000

Answer by Logan17000 at 11:51 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I have a 3 month old and just found out today that I am 7 weeks pregnant, I'm tired already lol Its okay to admit tiredness & being ill, do you have anyone that can help you out?
    lilmizzie27

Answer by lilmizzie27 at 12:13 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• You wouldn't be human if you weren't tired at this point.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:41 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I was exhausted at that point of this pregnancy, and I have two kids already. I think they barely noticed. They did get to watch a little more TV than usual. It's normal to be tired. Just make sure his needs are taken care of, there's no need to be perfect all the time.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 12:45 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• The only thing that kept me believing that I was pregnant until I showed was the fact that I was soooo tired. Getting out of bed to let the dogs out to potty felt more like a chore than simply just getting up and letting them out... I wished for so long they were paper trained and their poop didn't stink so I didn't have to get out of bed!

Thank God my DH has a great job and wouldn't allow me to work this whole time I've been pregnant... this is my first experience with it, and I don't know how the ladies that work do it, I would be plumb miserable!!!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 12:47 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• You are creating a life inside of you. Your body is working for two right now. I was sick and tired (ask your doctor for an iron test, if you are low on iron it could make you more tired than you should be) when I was pregnant and I just figured that my son had to be fed so I would let the house get dirty and make sure that he was taken care of.

There were days where I would ask my kid if he wanted to watch a movie and I would sit down next to him and I would just crash out. Five hours later I would wake up and realise that the movie was over. I felt like I wasn't taking good enough care of my son but I was doing my best. Just do your best and you should be fine.

JenFunSniffer

Answer by JenFunSniffer at 2:33 AM on Mar. 31, 2009