So all you bible preachers, were adam and eve married?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Why not Anon? If you belive whole-heartedly in your faith, then why would something I say bother you? I was stating how I felt about the story and the people who believe it. It's my opinion whether it's rude or not and I have to right to state it.

I have to put up with people mocking and saying crap about my LACK of religion all the time. Do I get upset? No, I laugh about it because I know I'm right and they're wrong and to me it's funny how upset they get about it.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 11:25 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• We don't have any record of a formal ceremony like we have today. But God brought Eve to Adam and presented her to him, somewhat like a father giving away a bride and there is the passage about a man and woman becoming one fleash.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 11:40 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Also, I don't see any record of them having sexual relations before they ate the fruit.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 11:41 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Most believe god married them in the garden of eden. I'm sure they have sex, They were naked all the time plus I'm pretty sure like 8 months after being cast out eve had a kid. Time line fits.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 11:49 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• does it really say it was 8 months after they were cast out??
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 12:21 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Don't forget Lillith. She was there in the beginning too.(i watch the history channel alot) They weren't married though, she was cast out of the Garden before Eve came along.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 12:41 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• lillith is a lie.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• just because early scholars chose not to place lillith in the bible does not make her a "lie".
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 2:40 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• ok, I would like to see what scripture includes and actual marriage ceremony of adam and eve, and for cinder...as it is religious topic, and the bible is the main source of support for that, lilith not being ever mentioned in the bible is in fact a big deal. Seriously, what "scholars" abd where is the proof to back that up?Christians cannot base their arguments on the bible adn then suddenly decide "oh wait thats not in the bible so let me thro some "scholars" or another random thing in there, because its convienient."
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Here is the ultimate marriage ceremony: "And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him...And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.And they were both naked, the man and his and his WIFE, and were not ashamed.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:16 AM on Mar. 31, 2009