organizing under the bathroom sink

I was wondering if anyone had any tips or tricks for organizing under the bathroom sink? I has everything under the sun underneath there and cant throw any of it away.

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 11:45 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Home & Garden

• You could start by removing everything that is under there and wiping the cupboard out.The decide exactly what really does need to go under there, and set the rest aside. Once you have done this it should be easy to see how it would be best to arrange everything.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 11:50 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Throw out anything that you haven't used in a couple years. You are right to think that it would be better with less clutter. When there is clutter you can't see or get to what you need to use. Put the most frequently used things in front. If you are storing extra supplies- an extra box of wipes, for example, there, then move the extra supplies to another storage area- if you don't have a basement or storage room, then perhaps the very top shelf of your kitchen cabinets or top shelf of a closet that is hard to reach, store extra stuff there- I make a list of what is there if it is hard to see the area so I'll know what is there without digging through it.

Answer by Bmat at 9:51 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Not sure what you're storing under your sink, but I would highly recommend taking everything out and sorting it by type (household cleaners, cosmetics, hair, nails, etc.). I'm not sure what you mean by you "can't" throw anything away, but anything that is more than a couple years old, especially cosmetics, should be pitched. After you determine what truly needs to stay, then I have what I call my "daily" basket. It has all the products I use on a daily basis (skin care, deodorant) and then I can pull it out twice per day when I wash my face. For the rest of the stuff, I got small and medium drawer organizers. I have two individual drawers for feminine products and then two three drawer items for brushes & combs, hair accessories, nail polish and clippers, perfume, etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I use those little plastic basket thingys. You can get them real cheap at the dollar store. I have a deep one for cleaners, a small one for creams, etc..
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:34 PM on Apr. 1, 2009