Is it normal to get this irritated?

I am due in about 7 days and lately it seems that EVERYTHING is getting on my nerves. I'm usually a very laid back person but now even silly things are annoying me. But I would say that most of all my mom is killing me! I told her that she wouldnt be in the room when the baby is born because Jason &I are going to do it alone& she acts surprised when she asks me 5 months later if shes going to be in there &says that shes sure Ill change my mind.She gets kind of dissappointed & I dont want her to be but this is how we want to do it. She came to visit a few weeks ago and she brought so much stuff & just kind of took over our apartment It drove me crazy! She made a HUGE mess &I know she feels left out but I dont know what to do about that. Shes suppost to come &stay with me for a week after the baby is born but with the way things were when she visited it seems as though it would be more work than help.

Christie47

Asked by Christie47 at 11:56 PM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• ugh im the same way - im also due in a week and EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE is my worst enemy right now - im also usually laid back & relaxed - easy going && it seems like everyone around me is just an idiot recently - lol maybe its just hormones - but i hate everyone.
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 11:58 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• The only good part of the end of my pregnancy was I was able just go crazy and yell at everyone when I would normally hold it in until the feelings faded. And then afterwards if anyone was still mad at me I appolgized and blamed it on the hormones.
    AmberBrat

Answer by AmberBrat at 12:01 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I had that same issue and My mom ended up being in the room. Truth is you wont care when it's happening. However the best you can do is explain you need her rested to help you when you get home and that it would be much more helpful if she could get your house ready with last minute things for you and the baby to come home to a relaxful place. She just wants to be there for you and knows how bad believe it or not you can end up needing her. I swore my mom wouldn't be there, but my hubby ran into a situation where he couldn't get me to breath for contractions and had no idea what to do. He called my Aunt who was in cali at the time and she said to smack me and call my mom. So he did it worked, and neither of us cared as mush as we thought we would.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:04 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• But the irritation is perfectly normal your almost there and cranky she knows that and wont hold it against you good luck.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:06 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• yes I was that irritated too. mom got on every last nerve when I was almost due. It was better once the baby was born and I really appreciated her being there in the beginning while I was still recuperating. I could relax and tend to the baby and she would do the chores and such. She would also help out with the baby so I could take a bath.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 12:09 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I've got 3 wks to go still, and just like you, EVERY little thing ANNOYS me SOOOO BAD! I could really use a chill pill sometimes... I know how you mean about your mom, only it's my MIL that's pulled that crap... wish my mom had been around a little more often for me during my pregnancy, I really could have used a lot of her help and guidance. She only lives 8mins from my house, yet refuses to come see me because my dad lives here too and they're in the middle of a divorce. I'm supposed to be on bedrest, and she pitches an absolute fit when she wants to see me every other month and I don't get up and drive into town to visit her...
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 12:43 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• All i will suggest is pump and give the baby to your mom and you get some sleep!!!!!!!!! but only let her stay as long as YOU can handle it. there is nothing wrong with letting someone know that they are toooooo much help.
    momdallas

Answer by momdallas at 4:37 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• wow. i wasnt at ALL irritated in my third trimester with my first, but now that im on my second im only a few weeks and i hate EVERYONE and EVERYTHING. every single little thing makes me the devil woman. i swear it. oh well. not JUST my fault =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 11:27 AM on Mar. 31, 2009