Should i call ACS????

My aunts boyfriend (well ex) always leaves his 10 year old ALL the time to come run down to see little things such as the outfit my aunt is wearing, the cookies she just brought, the pajamas my son is wearing!!!!! Now this man does not have the highest iq ( i guess thats the best way to say it think of a mentally disabled person just not that severe) His son, im not sure exactly his condition, but he is a special needs child, mentally not physically. And the child is suicidal. I believe part of the reason is because he does not treat him with love at all. He treats my child like he's jesus!!! I do not like that because i feel he should be showering HIS son with all his love not mine. I do not think that he should leave this suicidal child alone byhimself. He says "He always says that!" Helloooo, isn't that a sign to get that child some help. cont.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Mar. 31, 2009 in General Parenting

• The little boy has planned it and everything (he's going to kill himself in the closet with a knife) NOw if a little 10 year old who does not his letters can plan his taking his own life is very serious to me. I feel he should not be left alone at all ever and all his father's attention should be on him. Next time he is left alone (which will probabbly be tomorrow) I will have to call child services. AM i doing the right thing
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Absolutely! Law says that children under 13 aren't supposed to be unsupervised anyway, so it's illegal to begin with. The fact that the child has issues only makes it worse. I would call your local police department (non-emergency) though, to make sure. It's better to be safe than sorry. You don't have to give your name or their names. Just ask them what you asked here.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• YES!! Thank goodness you care since obviously his father is not prepared to take care of him. Good luck!
    AmberBrat

Answer by AmberBrat at 12:12 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Well, what do the laws in your state say? In Pa, you can't leave them alone until they are thirteen. You could try looking it up and telling him he's breaking the law, he might care a bit more about that.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:16 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• He already knows it is illegal one of his neighbors called child services once before that was when his son was 8 yrs. Now I believe it is even more serious because he has no idea what this child is capable of, yet he brushes it off as if everything in the world is more important than the welfare of his own child. This has been going on for the last 5 years and I want better for this little boy. His mother died 6 years ago and the only thing that has been keeping me away from dialing acs is the fact that he will be then lose is father as well. BUt enough is enough, its getting ridiculous!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Which would be better, this little boy possibly lose an incapable father and live, or DIE because you did nothing when you could have saved his life?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Well, if he is taken away from his father, which I hope happens, maybe his next caretaker will care enough to get him the help he needs and give him all of the love and attention he deserves. Make the call! You will be saving his life!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• do you think that maby you are jealous of the relationship that your "uncle" and child have? maby you should be your little cousions savior?? and to say that a mentally retarded 10 year old is having thoughts of suiside seems like you are streaching the truth a bit. unless he has said something directly to you then to make that kind of accuation is severe, and maby you are the one with the issue. and maby him telling you that he cant leave his child alone is a cry for help from you. and where is mamma?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:21 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• oh and shame on you for not speaking to the father about this issue first!!!!!!
    shame on you!!
    Anonymous