Kids

Anyone else have a child that will start school a year late due to a birthday late in the year? My dd wont start kindergarden until shes 6 her b-day is sept 12 and the last day to register is in early Aug she wont start for a few years but it still makes me mad that she has to start so late

aubrees_mommie

Asked by aubrees_mommie at 12:05 AM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My granddaughter will be five in July. She is going to be tested in April to see if she can start this fall. (I want her to wait another year) I think it's best for them if they are a little bit older anyway.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• they can be tested wow i didnt know that i had to start a year late and hated that
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 12:12 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• i kno how u feel were we live any child born after dec 2nd has to wait til the nex school year my DD was six wen she started k even tho she already knew how to read n write by the time she was 5 and only 2 days shy of the dead line... she s very bright took the GATE test and was skiped a grade so it didn mater. it is verry frustrating specialy wen its just by a very short time line. i would recomend to put her in pre k if possible. kids that age r like sponges n r craving to absorb knowledge.
    SXYmami7

Answer by SXYmami7 at 12:16 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• My daughter's BD is Oct 6 and the cut off is just a few weeks before then, so she'll be almost 6 when she starts Kindergarten. That's one reason I was so adamant that she get into pre-K.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 12:22 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• My son's birthday is September 12! But he's only going to be 4 this year, but I wondered about this. My husband doesnt think it will effect him starting school I do.
    sailfishmommy

Answer by sailfishmommy at 12:22 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• My son he is sept 29th and then was held back in 2nd so hes oldest in his class. Cut off here is on or before sept 2nd. i know private schools go by jan.. which makes more sense.
    faithful78

Answer by faithful78 at 12:22 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• If your son is sept 12 hes gonna be 6 starting kindergarden. I think its ok for a boy though. My son wasnt ready at 5.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Kids with late bdays can do pre k twice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• My b-day is July 8th and I was the youngest in my class... I hated it then BUT love it now because all my friends get old before me...HAHA!!
    AligirlP

Answer by AligirlP at 12:28 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I know thats what they do in Dayton Ohio to keep this from happening I live in Jackson ohio they go to pre-k for 2 years and they start kindergarden I wish my twon did that I think it would be better my dd will only be 3 this year but I'm trying to figure out the schooling thing so I know if she should start pre-k this fall or wait since she will be just days away from being 6 when she starts kindergarden thanks for all your help! sailfishmommy your the only momma I've seen with a child born the same day as dd well my dd was born on your ds b-day haha
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 12:31 AM on Mar. 31, 2009