What is your opinion about cops staking out?

public forums and chat rooms, etc. Busting people via their IP addresses, who are talking about drugs and illegal activity? How do you feel about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I agree with the above PP. Plus, that's their job (as some are strictly assigned to doing those things on some depts). Plus, my DH is a PO and I think it's a great thing for doing idiotic crap like that. It's just a matter of time before people get caught, no matter how careful or careless they are. LOL
    my2luvbugs

Answer by my2luvbugs at 12:23 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Well, the internet is public... if you're stupid enough to talk about doing stuff like that then it's your own fault you get caught.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 12:20 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Ditto.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 12:23 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I think its awesome and they need to do more of it
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 12:26 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Just b/c someone talk about something doesn't mean they do it. What if it was a kid trying to look cool in a message board or something? Or someone just trying to cause trouble & drama & debate? The internet isn't totally anonymous...and people feel as though MAYBE it's a safe place to talk about things they can't talk about w/ others in their lives. I don't think cops should patrol the net.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I agree after that girl was bullied they should hunt but they should also do something about it when some one goes to them get moving .instead of lowering the standards and letting things go with far justice ,Reality is if you dont like what you see turn it off .its like TV you dont like the show change the channel .Or as easy as pie Block the person .If it gets to the point that a cell phone or actuall harrasment is involve then the police should get moving .Local counties should know how to handle these complaints and lets face alot dont do anything .fill a report and thats it .
    hush84

Answer by hush84 at 1:05 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• If they're on there to catch child molesters, like that TV show, then I think it's okay, but if somebody happens to mention they smoked a bowl last night or whatever, I don't think it should take a roomful of cops stalking down the IP address and all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• huharguing

hush84

Answer by hush84 at 1:24 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I think it's great. If the internet helps them lower crime, then I am all for it. As criminals advance in their maneuvers by using the latest technology, then I believe law enforcement should do the same to catch those criminals.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:42 AM on Mar. 31, 2009