Job Hunting

I had my baby two weeks ago, and I've started job hunting. It's been a while since I've done it (I had a long-term job before I was pregnant), and I'm feeling discouraged, like I've forgotten what employers look for. What do you think employers look for, and how do you get it across? Resume, interview, cover letter? What advice do you have for the hunt? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Money & Work

• As a home based business and a corporation owner with almost 100 employees I would say that I would like to see a resume that is crisp, clear & concise. It also shows not only your work experience but also how you are involved in your community. A cover letter is great and at least 3 references that are more than just a basic friend.

Also when you are filling out and or dropping off items you want to be dressed as if you are in the interview! No gum in mouth, clean and crisp look as if you have a mindset of the boss.

Today with all the economic issues and so many people looking for jobs I would just say what you want to do is to make sure you are clear on what value you would add to the company. Most people go in to get a job! I would suggest going in to be of support of being of a great value to the organization.

This is where your confidence level makes a difference! Good luck and have fun finding your job!
    LegacyKimberley

Answer by LegacyKimberley at 3:35 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Definitley a good resume and cover letter.

See if you can find a copy of "Resumes That Knock "em Dead." There's a companion book on cover letters. Some of the best stuff I've ever read was in those books.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:43 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I work from home and love the fact that I can be home with my kids and make an income!! Checkout my website www.MomsGoneGreen.biz
    MomsGoneGreen

Answer by MomsGoneGreen at 8:26 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I agree. Why not try working from home first. You can realistically make good money working on my team and I'd love to hire you. I am an Avon Unit Leader and have a great team working with me. I could teach you how to make good money and the start up is very inexpensive. Email me for details! It only takes a few minutes to get you started!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 8:27 PM on Mar. 31, 2009