Ok my daughter is two and she constantly calls my oldest daughter which is 4 a B***H what should i do? i have tried ignoring her,putting her in time out.I am afraid she will say it at church.help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You need to tell her that is something she CANNOT say. Set a consequence and follow through EVERYTIME!

My husband and I both swear occasionally, and there have been times when my son repeated us. The first time, we told him very firmly that it was a grown up and that he WILL NOT say it or he will get hit on the mouth. The next time he said it, we cracked him on the lip.

We've never had an issue with it. If you make it very clear that certain behaviors are not acceptable and give consequences she will learn.

Good Luck
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 5:30 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• My nephew curse @ that age and used it every where. They learn it from us.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Where did she learn that from? She will only continue to say it if somebody is saying it around her and using a lot of emotion.

I screwed up one day and said DAMMIT, because I dropped a glass bowl on my foot. My daughter picked this up right away. She was saying it constantly, we just ignored her and she hasn't said it for a while. I feel confident going out in public again LOL!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• My 4 year old cuss's i cant get her to stop. She knows its wrong.. B/c, she only does it at home. i cant get her to stop...... And yes I know she got it from me at some point!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I dont use that lang and my child does. So????
    Anonymous

• I would just keep being stern and telling her that such language is not tolerated. my 2yo is usually not phased by timeouts, so I usually do not use them. I just keep stern and let her know she is not allowed to speak that way. it sank in after a short time but every once in a while when she is frustrated she lets one slip.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 12:38 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• my MIL's sister had this problem she would ignore her and walk out of the room to not draw attention to it and eventually she stopped
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 12:43 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Yeah i think maybe she is getting mad at her my oldest daughter cause she is mean to her sometimes.But i know everyone around her curses on all sides of both families.I try not to but it slips alot.She knows shes not supposed to say it and right after she does she say's sorry sissy and hugs her so maybe it is just some kind of game she's playing.I will also ask her what did you say? And she says i said a bad word.So she deff knows that.
    saraward08

Answer by saraward08 at 12:45 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Sry meant my oldest daughter
    saraward08

Answer by saraward08 at 12:46 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Its a think she sees she gets attention from it .Abviously she learned it somewhere kids are sponges .once she gets a new word that attracts attention the B word will be done and over .dont forget she is 2 and words can sound similar to that like Brush,touch ,push .My daughter said Fu$k
    so i got into the habit of saying your fired every time i was at some thing she picked it up .and now instead of the f word she says YOU FIRED lol
    hush84

Answer by hush84 at 12:58 AM on Mar. 31, 2009