Do you or anyone you know actually make good money with a stay at home job?

I am surprised at how many people here talk about stay at home jobs. What sort of jobs are you talking about? Are they all essentially the same type of work? Or do y'all have specific skills or consulting offices at home? Just curious.

preggoandfat

Asked by preggoandfat at 12:25 AM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Money & Work

• I, personally, work from home helping my husband with his business. I also do a few fun things as well, but nothing that makes huge amounts of money. I still think the best way is eBay.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• What do you consider to be "good money?"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• There are so many people on here claiming to work at home trying to recruit others. Its a scam.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Oh, by good money I suppose like $1000 a month. I usually think of most work at home deals it would be hard to make more than $500 a month. Is that off?
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 12:44 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Well I started with a company called Ambit Energy as a Marketing Consultant. I sell electricity at a cheaper rate. I like it cause the customer saves money on something they use and pay for everyday! It's grown pretty quickly, and even if it's not available in your area yet, you can still sell it and still recruit consultants....right now I'm already making about $2000 a month, I want to get up to $10,000 a month by the end of summer and it's completely achieveable!

I also am the Office Manager for my fiances Carpet Cleaning Business. I don't earn a specific paycheck for that, it's just the two of us but he can do one job a day and make triple what he made working 8-5 as a landscaper!

If you want to check out the Ambit opportunity there are 3 videos on my website: www.WNY.AmbitEnergy.biz
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 8:09 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I work from home and love the fact that I can be home with my kids and make an income!! Checkout my website www.MomsGoneGreen.biz
    MomsGoneGreen

Answer by MomsGoneGreen at 8:25 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I am in school to become a medical transcriptionist so I can work from home. I know there are real companies who will hire you to work from home. Starting pay usually is minimum wage and you work for a period of time such as 3 months, then you start making more money. The faster you type the better your pay. MTs usually make around 30-40K a year and you also get medical with them.
    eblue3

Answer by eblue3 at 8:51 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I am a medical transcriptionist and make decent money (part-time).
    Stacey73

Answer by Stacey73 at 8:54 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• i work from home. see www.tgw247.com   legit, debt-free, profitable.  Message me for more inof

jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 8:57 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I work from home teaching seminars and tutoring for my college's online campus. When I can finish my masters I can teach full time for them and will make about $40k a year for each 4 credit hour class I teach year round. If I teach 2 it would be considered full time work and I would make $80k a year. That is enough for where I live and has the huge benefit of letting me stay at home with my kids full time.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:07 AM on Mar. 31, 2009