if you have not had your period in months, and you finally get it, do you still ovulate that month around the 14 day from the day you started?

hey! im am 17 years old and me and my bf have been trying to conceive for about a year now. i have not had my period since october of las year untill now. i started this month on the 27 and i was wondering if i still would ovulate around the 14 day from the day i started my period because i didn't have a period for so long. any info would be greatly appreciated! thanks!

akaye2785

Asked by akaye2785 at 12:29 AM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• You may or may not. Go pick up a copy of "Taking Charge Of Your Feility" by Toni Wechlser.

The perfect 28 day cycle is more myth than reailty and many women ovulate on a different day than day 14. The book will teach you how to track cycles.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:40 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Umm no. I really doubt that your ovulating if you have gone that long without a period. I sometimes go 3 months with out a period but thats because I just found out that I have PCOS. Basically I have little cycst around my overies that causes me not to ovulate. If you have an OBGYN then you need to see her and she will set you up for a sono and some blood work to determine why your not getting your periods every month. I some how got pregnant after 10 months of ttc and I believe that I had PCOS back then as well. I guess one of the months that I had my period I actually ovulated. But now we have been ttc for baby #2 fo 9 months so my doc. has me on Clomid (fertility drug) that will make me ovulate. I really hope it works but talk to your doctor and see what she says. Good luck to you!
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 12:50 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• just woundering why at the age of 17 are you trying to have a baby. you have your whole life ahead of you to have babies and be a mom and a wife. live you life while your young, go to collage, gain some experence in day to day living. paying bills is not so easy when you also have to pay a sitter to make the money to pay the bills. rethink this baby thing. there not that easy to take care of every day. all day sometimes all night. you havent even reached the peak of your youth yet, if your out of high school your barly out. im speaking from experence here. and i had my first baby at 22. we put our pennies in a big piggy bank so that way sometime when were out of gas we can rob the pig just so we can fill up. even two minume wage jobs wont get you more then the very basics, and most mothers want more for there babies. i can understand an oops, but trying just blows my mind. sorry
    1boy_2girls

Answer by 1boy_2girls at 1:22 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• You ovulate when you have private insurance, a marriage, a home, life insurance, and stability. If only that was the way it worked..

I had the same mindset at your age. *sigh*
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• It's a little more complicated then that start charting your ovulation days with a calender. and make an appointment if you've been trying for a year. But, not to worry your young, it will happen when it's time.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 3:38 PM on Mar. 31, 2009