summer reading list

I recently decided to drop out of college to stay at home with my son. I am going to focus my time on being a good mother, does anybody have any suggestions of good parenting books I can read?

jamesmommy12

Asked by jamesmommy12 at 12:33 AM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• "Playful Parenting" is a great one.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:01 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Honestly, I would keep reading those college books. I know you probably want to spend some more time at home, but in the long run your education will be what is best.
    It will make you smarter, allow you to get better jobs, and down the road create an expectation for your son for his own education... it will say, "I had alot on my plate and STILL got my education".. it will make you a good role model.
    As for parenting books... I don't know any. They only tell you the way THEY parented anyway, not what is best for you and your family.
    I would just look in to some local parent groups where you can talk with and meet "real" parents and get ideas.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:02 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Parenting For Dummies. DD's dad got it as a gag gift and he never read it- Well I love to read so I picked it up one day and read it front to back! I really liked it- It really makes you think more into WHY things are done and the effect everything has!
    I stopped school for 8 months when DD was born and I hope you are going to go back! I just started today! Online tho! Good Luck!
    Megpie8116

Answer by Megpie8116 at 2:00 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• You don't need a book to be a good mom, just love and take care of your son.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:43 AM on Mar. 31, 2009