What could make me miss my period for two months when Im not pregnant

I have had the mirena for 1 1/2 years and I have never missed a period before, and I have been a little more stressed then normal

MTButterfly04

Asked by MTButterfly04 at 12:54 AM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I missed mine 3 months from stress. i made a doc appt and before I could go to it.. i started. Yes stress can make you miss it. And being under or too over weight also. I heard!
    faithful78

Answer by faithful78 at 12:58 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Stress can make you miss them so could plenty of issues. I'm sure about mirena, but some birth control make you periods stop, and just cause your on birth control doesn't mean you aren't pregnant. I would talk to your doc.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 1:05 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I missed mine for about 8 months from stress and change in lifestyle. I had just joined the military and went through basic training and AIT with no period and it took a few months after that to get back to normal. Stress can definately do it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• 2 things......1 you are incredibly stressed lately...not just a little but A LOT! Also I was on Mirena for 2 and a half years....For the first year my periods were very regularly for the next 2 1/2 years they completely went away. It is a rather common side affect of having Mirena for your period to completely disappear. Keep you head up and when things seem like they are to hard to handle...repeat.... And this to shall pass! I have faith in you guys! Good Luck!
    ErinaM

Answer by ErinaM at 4:36 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• OMG!!! I am so different when i was stress my period stayed for 4mths i wish i could be like everyone here when im stressed it doesnt come lol, but you maybe pregnant and home test just dont work for you get blood work done
    msjerrica

Answer by msjerrica at 11:19 AM on Mar. 31, 2009