my 3month old has an extremely red rash in the creases of her neck. What should i do???

shes ticklish and when i touch it it hurts her so i dont know whar to do.... any advice???

lalacakes

Asked by lalacakes at 1:06 AM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Are you referring to chafing skin? For a fast solution, you can always use Crisco.. I know it's gross, but it will take the sting out of it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• If it is a damp or sweaty area it could be a yeast infection.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:09 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• It sounds like a yeast infection. Yeast infections can happen anywhere on the body. Look on the inside of her mouth/inside of her cheek area and on her tongue. Yeast grows there also. You'll see white patches or spots. Treatment? Take her to the doctor and the doc will Rx anti-biotics.

BingsMommy

Answer by BingsMommy at 1:10 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• oh, and YES it is painful because the yeast is growing on her skin. Until you get to a doc, you can use corn starch, I believe that'll take the pain away.
    BingsMommy

Answer by BingsMommy at 1:11 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• NO. Corn starch actually feeds the yeast. Just found that out. I get yeast infections on my skin sometimes and they need to have the antiyeast cream. See the doctor and then put the cream on and a little while after use vasaline on it to protect the skin. :)
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:14 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I would put bibs on and change often to keep it dry. Make sure her neck is cleaned and dried very well before bed. And if she is a sloppy eater you might need to clean it more often.
    I would try some diaper rash cream to help it heal right now. And if it doesn't look better in a couple of days see the doctor for a possible yeast infection.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:18 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• is it just read from chaffeing, or is it infected? does it have a smell to it? If it is just red from chaffing, keep it clean and start useing baby powder to keep it dry. if it is an infection, I would use and antifungel cream till it starts to clear up, then like I did with my cubby cub roll babies, after I washed them I would powder them up.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 1:52 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Depending on what it is exactly. here's my advice- clear it up now, you can use diaper rash cream to heal it and then when its gone. KEEP IT DRY! My DD had it REALLY BAD so I got the better powder, the cornstarch with aloe stuff and after every bath she'd spend 10 minutes carefully getting powdered in her neck area! DD also got sweaty when eating so if i ever noticed her skin getting sticky from heat, I'd powder her up again! Its most likely from getting moist and then her moving her neck and it being stuck in the cracks! It could very well be infected. so be careful and good luck!!!
    Megpie8116

Answer by Megpie8116 at 1:56 AM on Mar. 31, 2009