typing test

Okay taking a typing test, at worksource.. can anyone tell me what kind of test its gonna be like lissening to works and typing or read and typing

miss_nevin

Asked by miss_nevin at 1:08 AM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Money & Work

• All typing tests I ever taken are either a piece of paper off to the side and you type exactly what it says. If you correct errors you just lose time if you leave them they count the mistake. Another one I have done is a half screen. The top part is where you type while reading the text at the bottom. I do well on either one because I type without looking. Typing while listening to something is dictation and usually in the medical or legal profession.

You can google typing tests and practice to see what your range is. 

partiesbyjan

Answer by partiesbyjan at 4:29 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• the tests that i have taked at the workforce, were on the computer. A paragraph comes up and you start typing below it. Do not erase, just keep typing. also, they told me i could go to typingtest.com to improve, and when i did, it was the exact same paragraphs they had you test on. you just didn't know for sure which one would pop up when you go to test. But it is a good way to practice. Good Luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• good luck I hope you do well.
    debmom07

Answer by debmom07 at 11:33 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I hate those tests.. They are timed and your so nervouse.. it sucks i feel for ya.. accding to those im the slowest typer in the world i swear..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 12:33 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• haha thanks yeah i am a bad typer but i got a job interview and I have to provide a crt for 40 words per min and 98% poor me i am the worse typer in the world
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 8:45 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• 40 wpm? Wow! That would be an easy job to get! Go to the site anon mentioned to practice and test your skills so you become comfortable. 40 wpm is so easy to do. I normally do 90+ when I am in my "zone," but on poor days when I am distracted I do as poorly as 70 wpm.
    Best wishes to you! I hope you do well and get the job.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:54 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• haha thats whatever one says i got everything else to get true the last 5 parts on the interview but typing and spelling isnt my thing for sure.. i get like 33 or 40 buit the its at a 95% and has to be 99%
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 9:43 PM on Mar. 31, 2009