Cry it out ?

My daughter and I have been co-sleeping. Tonight is her first night alone in her crib. I put her in, she cried, but fell asleep within 10 minutes. She has woken up a couple times since then (3 hours ago) and I have heard her cry, but she was back asleep within 5 minutes every time. When she is in bed with me - everytime she wakes up she rolls over and latches on to breastfeed. So should I one of these times that she wakes up take her out of the crib and let her nurse? Or do I leave her in the crib ? OR if she falls back to sleep in just a few minutes that's great - but if she is awake longer feed her ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mom's choice.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:20 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• If she wakes up because she is hungry, she won't go back to sleep in five min, and it won't be a fussy, "i woke up, whats going on?"cry... it will be "I am hungry, I am pissed, where are you mom!!!" cry. Trust me, you will know.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 1:48 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• It doesn't sound like you really have a problem with how things are going- But I would probably try approaching this a lil more cautiously- You don't want her to get a bad impression about the crib.
    So maybe do get up and feed her when she cries the first week or so, and slowly go from feeding 10 times to 9-8-7-6.. Ya know? Just a thought. I hate cry it out!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• i think you have the right idea. if shes awake for longer than 5-10 min, feed her. good luck!! i wish my daughter would sleep in a crib! xP
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 2:17 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• If baby is hungry, she won't go back to sleep. I think it's fine to let her cry for a few minutes, but I don't let mine cry for more than 10 before doing a quick check.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:30 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• There is nothing wrong with letting her cry for a few minutes, like the PP said, if she's hungry she won't go back to sleep.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:41 AM on Mar. 31, 2009