my 21 mth old is not potty trained yet..maybe its just me..but shouldnt she be ready?

I am wondering if it to early to potty train..

bosslady48506

Asked by bosslady48506 at 12:05 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• That still seems a bit early. I would basically just wait until she shows signs that she is ready. Does she seem aware of when she needs to go? Does she try to take her pants off when she needs to go? At this point I would introduce her to the potty but I wouldn't try to push the issue.
    unique_puzzle

Answer by unique_puzzle at 12:11 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• its not too early if they are showing signs of wanting to train. My youngest will be 2 in july and she has been curious and training now for almost 4 months. And I might add she is already doing it almost on a daily basis now. So it really just depends on what stage of development they are in, my 4 year old daughter was a late starter and she is still getting the total hang of it, we just upgraded her to big girl panties at night and she is doing great with it. It all takes time, some kids are fast and some are slow... we can be as consistant as we wanna be, but they have minds of their own...LOL
    BreakingFree

Answer by BreakingFree at 1:29 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Two is a good age to start but if she is not ready don't push her you don't want to turn her off to the idea. Does she wake up dry? If so start her going in the morning when she wakes up and make a big deal of it. Praise her when she does and even take her in when you go call it potty time with mommy.)
    FAHTMOM

Answer by FAHTMOM at 2:09 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Relax !is no early if you want Start! just don't forget the reward after potty...
    LUANAVOI

Answer by LUANAVOI at 5:09 PM on Jun. 20, 2008