Way TMI about my vagina ...

I have noticed since having my daughter that just before my perineum I seem to have a piece of skin that hangs ? I don't think it was there before having my daughter. Does anyone know what that is ? And also the whole area has turned into this darker color. And it seems kind of wrinkly on the lips ? HAHA I know this is wayyyy too much information but why do these things happen after kids ? Or am I one of few that has been dealt this nasty card ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Health

• I'm sure its normal... the extra blood flowing through you makes everything darker.. and if you had a vaginal birth the wrinkliness and extra hanging skin would make since just because of how stretched everything was... if you are really that concerned check with a doctor..
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 1:19 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Did you tear or have an episiotomy? Maybe it's scar tissue?

asiamommi

Answer by asiamommi at 1:47 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Yes, I tore and got six stitches.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I am so glad to hear that I am not the only one with problems "down there". I had my DD 1/19/2009 and about 3 weeks afterward I felt my scar and I also had a lump of skin that was very painful. I still had it at my 6 wk check up; my Dr. said it was a suture that wasn't quite healed yet but should be gone by wk 8. Well my DD is now 11 wks old and it is still there not as painful but still there. I am thinking it is scar tissue. My hubby and I haven't made love since the baby's birth b/c I'm afraid it is going to hurt...plus he hasn't had his vacectomy yet (he wouldn't let me get my tubes tied.) This is my 3rd and last baby...with my first I was induced and had an episiotomy, with my 2nd I delivered before the Dr got there and tore on my episiotomy, and with this baby I delivered before the Dr got there again and tore on my episiotomy. My 1st DS's DOB-3/12/1998 and 2nd DS's DOB-1/1/2000. 9 yr age dif. for the last 2.
    giner8

Answer by giner8 at 2:22 AM on Apr. 8, 2009