Are your "tubes tied"? What does it take to get them "tied"? What are the health risks?

My mother has her tubes tied and she seems fine. A ton of health problems in other areas but nothing related.
I have a 9 month old and im 5 months pregnant, in love with the both of them.

I was wondering, after the birth, what will it take to get my tubes tied? Does it hurt, and for how long? What are the risks? Are yours tied? How do you feel about it?

Thanks so much to all of you for your wonderful answers!

SpiritedTigress

Asked by SpiritedTigress at 1:46 AM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Health

• I had my tubes tied. They did it right after the birth. I was out during the procedure, as it is a surgery. They made a small incision in my belly button. I can't even see the scar now. Immediately afterward, it hurt really bad. It wasn't as bad as my c-section the baby before though. It took about a week for me be able to move around good. I don't know about the risks involved. Everything went fine for me and everyone I know that has their tied went fine. I would do it again. I love not having to be on any birth control whatsoever. That's the best part.

fawn321

Answer by fawn321 at 7:53 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• The idea of pain is terrifying to me. Especially if you cant move around for a week, when the baby is born i'll have a 1yr old to take care of and i'll be weak enough as it is... That last part though, that makes me want to think about it. I'll look into it some more. Thank you fawn321!
    SpiritedTigress

Answer by SpiritedTigress at 4:07 PM on Mar. 31, 2009