Do Atheists believe in ghosts?

heatherbug82

Asked by heatherbug82 at 1:59 AM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• YES!
    I had an atheist friend who literally had things go bump in the night. I think if you don't see it, you probably don't believe it LOL But she certainly did.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 2:03 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I am wondering because I am atheist but a part of me believes in ghost. I am starting to think that I am contradicting myself, kwim? Just wanted to know if there are other atheists out there that believe in ghosts or if I should stop watching those damn shows on tv!! LOL
    heatherbug82

Answer by heatherbug82 at 2:10 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• most atheist dont believe in ghost or spirits of any sort. however a spiritual atheist believes in paranormal beings. they believe the existence of ghost does not mean there is a god because if there was those souls would not b bound to earth.

SXYmami7

Answer by SXYmami7 at 2:14 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• atheist is a religious based term meaning the belief in no God, that has nothing to do with human spirits.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:56 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I don't.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:50 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I do because I've had experiences my entire life and so have my children. However, I don't think they are earth bound souls, but simply energy that is able to manifest itself. There are many things in this world we still don't understand and I think paranormal phenomenon does not get enough attention in the scientific community.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:46 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I'm not sure but I don't see how one could justify believing in ghosts but not God...
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:22 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Some do, some don't. Atheism simply defined is a non-belief in a diety. It doesn't necessarily discount the belief in any type of spirituality, just a god.
    krisr169

Answer by krisr169 at 10:36 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I'm not an atheist, but I don't think that weather or not you believe in God has anything to do with if you believe in earthbound spirits or not.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 10:57 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I do, because I have heard/felt/seen them before. The house I grew up in and the place I used to work were both very haunted, and a lot of people saw or heard things in both places, so I know it wasn't just my imagination. Just once I'd like to see a zombie. :)
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 11:25 AM on Mar. 31, 2009