How can I get my almost 3 year old to sleep in her room?

She does well but here lately it is a fight for her to go into her room. Baby gate no longer keeps her contained. She also slept in on the couch with me after I had my knee worked on.

motherofone5506

Asked by motherofone5506 at 2:07 AM on Mar. 31, 2009 in General Parenting

• repitition is the key. put her in her bed dont gate her up thats for a time out. just keep putting her in her room and she will get the point. maby try a night light or light music. my son loves it. i don't recomend the baby gate. and if all else fails then let her fall asleep with you and put her in her room later in the night after a clean diaper and a sippy!!!!!!
    momdallas

Answer by momdallas at 4:33 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I'm reading a great book right now called The No-Cry Sleep Solution For Toddlers and Preschoolers by Elizabeth Pantley. It addresses this sort of situation. It's worth checking out!

The PP is correct. It's all about repetition. Good luck!
    lovinmystar

Answer by lovinmystar at 10:01 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Thank you ladies. She wound up and let us know about her bad dream...it took some time for her to verblize what was in it. She had a scarey ghost in her dream. We cleaned her room and rearranged some furniture in there and it seemed to help her. I think some shadows were scarey to her in the night....but she had a hard time letting us know verbally. Thanks again ladies for the input.
    motherofone5506

Answer by motherofone5506 at 2:14 AM on Apr. 8, 2009