if you eat something

and then you throw it right back up does my baby get the nutrients? because i cant even hold crackers or ginger ale down. maybe i need to switch prenatals

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:11 AM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you need to keep it in your system for over 20 minutes to absorb the nutrients. I would throw up a lot and it was hard for me to take vitamins in pill form. It should help your nausea if you keep your blood sugar up by snacking on carbs throughout the day and taking a couple children's vitamins so you get some more nutrients.

I hope you start feeling better in a month or two.

JenFunSniffer

Answer by JenFunSniffer at 2:17 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I was sick my entire pregnancy with my daughter. i was the same as you i couldn't keep anything down! my daughter was 7 pounds even when she was born. i wouldn't worry about it too much. you can tell your doctor about it and they should be able to prescribe you something for it but even that didn't help me. sorry it doesn't help much but i was worried about it too and my baby was healthy. Good luck!
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 2:53 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• i was sick A LOT in the begining, but my doctor gave me a prenatal with more B6 in it which seriously stop the sickness!!!!! ask about them switching you to one with more in it
    ALLIE637

Answer by ALLIE637 at 7:30 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• The baby takes what it needs from your body, if you can't keep anything down, it's you thahts being drained, the baby is fine as long as you're not to the point where you have to be hospitalized due to malnutrition.

But there are medicines to relieve nausea. Talk to your doctor about it, he/she should be able to help you. Good luck!
    listo

Answer by listo at 8:02 AM on Mar. 31, 2009