i felt an angelic presence............do you believe in angels

I have been very depressed since i found out i'm not pregnant. It was a suspected phantom pregnancy coz i had all the symptoms for two months but the u/s showed an empty uterus. I've been ttc for almost a year now. Anyway i found myself drawn to church and incidentally the sermon was on angels and how God sends these spiritual beings to help us. I was crying all by myself later on and i swear i felt a hand on my shoulder. I was totally alone but this presence had a comforting effect and i instantly felt better. Im still struggling by its getting better. Has anyone ever had an experience involving angels?

maimutsa

Asked by maimutsa at 2:27 AM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I feel there are angels all around us all the time. I also believe that babies come from heaven, where God and angels hold, love and play with them until its time for them to come to us. I believe that YOUR babies are waiting there now and one day momma, you will get your own lil angel. (hugs) hang in there, I know its so hard...take comfort in the fact that you are being protected and that you are having some faith....
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:47 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Yes I believe in all paranormal things. My daughter has this imaginary friend she calls Sheba. She says it's her angel. I don't know, but Iswear I saw a human shape figure surounded in white light once. It scared me at first,but there was a sense of calming. I talked to my dd that's when she informed me it was Sheba.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 3:27 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Yes I believe in angels. I have also felt the presence of one in my darkest time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:58 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Absolutely!! We have an army of angels around us at all times. I have seen them a few times and have felt them, too.

hot-mama: That's probably her spirit guide. Guides are spirits on The Other Side who have chosen to walk along side us and guide us along our way. They are not angels but are spirits like us. We all have one. Angels don't normally have names. My daughter, at one time, told us all our guide's names but she called them angels then, too. She said the only one she didn't think had an angel was her dad who, by the way, doesn't believe in GOD.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 8:12 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• jenettyshome Thank you are the 1st person who has ever heard that and not told me to get a srink when responding. I have a question do you also believe in evil spirits, cause my dd said that sheba was protecting from billy who she said sheba told her was bad. I thought she was nuts but every time I went in her room it was cold and I just felt wierd exept for the once she told me sheba was there. I also say a dark shadow on her wall that was just creepy and it disappeared.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 8:55 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I have experienced angels not once, but twice in my life!

The first time, I returned home after a year-long hiatus that ended up in legal and financial trouble for me. I was so lost I didn't' know what to do. I looked up, and saw an angel hovering above me - the peace I felt at once was so strong that I can't explain it.

The second time was the night my daughter was born. I was lost, alone, single, penniless, living with my folks, and so sad. I just looked at her and felt such a warmth around me. I looked out the window and saw what looked like a large white wing flash by. I rededicated my life to Christ that night.

Were they angels or my imagination? Who knows. All I know, is that they were real to ME, and those experiences changed my life forever.

You have been blessed!
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 10:54 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I AM A FIRM BELEIVER OF ANGELS, I WAS TOLD BY AA TOTAL STRANGER THAT MY HOUSE IS FILLED WITH THEM, I TRULY BELEIVE.

Answer by older at 11:19 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Yes I do believe in angels. I've encountered them on more than one occasion. Archangel Michael is my favorite. Well you know him and my personal guardians. They work like crazy in this house and I appreciate that. This is where agnostic applies to me instead of atheist.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 1:49 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Answered at 12:49 PM on Mar. 31, 2009 by: 2autisticsmom
    Yes I do believe in angels. I've encountered them on more than one occasion. Archangel Michael is my favorite. Well you know him and my personal guardians. They work like crazy in this house and I appreciate that. This is where agnostic applies to me instead of atheist.

Ahh . . . and all this time I thought you were an atheist. Have you read "The Agnostic Reader"? I have a friend that is really into this book.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 2:17 PM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I work healing spells with the help of the Archangel Michael. He introduced himself to me at a stoplight and it was kind of hard to ignore him. We all have guardian spirits or angels. When you ask them for help or comfort, they give it. They keep the darkness out. I do believe, even tho I'm an atheist. They didn't give me a choice.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 3:56 PM on Mar. 31, 2009