I am 38 weeks, 4cm with my 1st child...any advice?

I find myself worrying every night about "what-if's"...does anyone have any advice? My husband and I live a bit away from family...and he is in medschool & works overnight at the hospital..I feel alone and anxious especially being close to my due date. Any and all comments are welcome;)

vanessaxoxo

Asked by vanessaxoxo at 2:42 AM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You can be in dialated to a 4 for a while. I was at a five for about a month with my son. (I would get contractions with both of my pregnancys the last two months every three minutes every night). Try to relax. If you start getting bad contractions at night try to take a nap or a warm bath. if you want the baby out as soon as posible have SEX!
    Ok, I know the sex thing sounds weird but spern has prolactin in it that will help you dialate. In fact it is the only natural thing that will help you dialate. Because of this it will help you go into labor. Just do this when you know that your hubby will be able to make it to the hospital.
    Once I knew that sex could help me dialate my daugter was out of me in two days. I wish I knew about that with my son. Hope everything goes well♥
    JenFunSniffer

Answer by JenFunSniffer at 2:53 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Thanks! my hubby will actually be home from the hospital tomorrow with no work...I will set the mood and think of something romantic to spice up the night=)
    ...I heard walking helps alot! Because I am home everyday, and can no longer drive...are there maybe some exercises that can help? I have this thought that if I go walking on a treadmill at the gym, or go to the mall that my water will break and I will be soooo embarrest!
    vanessaxoxo

Answer by vanessaxoxo at 3:03 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• do some relaxion breathing this will calm you and the baby and perpare you for the blessing that is about to come.
    momdallas

Answer by momdallas at 4:38 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Well, I was 1cm for two weeks, 4cm for two weeks, and 6cm for at least three days. So good luck lol. Watch out for back labor. For me it was no where near as strong as normal contractions, just pain every once in a while, and i had mine for 3 days. if you feel the slightest pains in your back or anything, try a nap. the relaxation in sleep could bring on contractions, lightly. thats how mine worked. and while i had back labor i got on my hands and knees, until i was on the phone with my doctor then i was on elbows and knees and could feel the contractions better so that i could time them. good luck and congrats!!! =] =] =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 11:20 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I have this thought that if I go walking on a treadmill at the gym, or go to the mall that my water will break and I will be soooo embarrest!" Most waters don't break on their own (mine broke on it's own both times). If your water did break in the mall the plus side would be that you wouldn't need to clean it up lol. Walking will just give you braxton hicks.
    So walking does fire up contractions, they just won't help you dilate. Yeah, it kinda sucks because with my first I wanted the baby out and I tried everything because I was sick of the contractions and I thought that if they were worse then I was in labor. I even tried four wheeling.
    To make the sex work the sperm needs to sit on your cervix. The jelly that they use in the hospital to help women dilate is made out of pig semen (I thought it was sick too when I found out) and they use one of those long Q-tips and put it on your cervix to help thin it out.
    JenFunSniffer

Answer by JenFunSniffer at 5:47 AM on Apr. 1, 2009