Quads and two samoyed

I have a set of 6 month old quads and 2 3yr old Samoyed dogs... they are the all white dogs that look like huskys. They are sweet and really friendly. Since We've brought the quads we've included them, and let them see the babies, and let them intereact. The dogs have changed tho. They haven't become agressive or mean. But now when people come over and anyone other then my husband or I come into the babies room hold them the become agitated. They are become incresingly protective of the babies which I guess is a good thing, but I want to maybe stop this behavior before it gets too out of hand... Anyone have a similar situation or any ideas? Thanks

amber_xo

Asked by amber_xo at 2:49 AM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Pets

• I would recommend getting a behaviorist in to help you deal with this situation considering you have 4 new babies rather than just one. (Congrats BTW, that is awesome!) Working on protectiveness can be complicated, especially when your hands are so full, so a behaviorist is really they best way to go to help you come up with the very best and safest ways to manage them and teach them that YOU are in control, and that they do not need to "step in" when people come over. Good luck. Check www.apdt.com for behaviorists (not just regular trainers) in your area.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:28 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I agree with KTMom. Also I would make the babies' room a no dogs allowed zone to help set up boundaries.
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 1:30 PM on Mar. 31, 2009