Has any one ever had a psuedo pregnancy?

Its where your body thinks your pregnant, but your really not.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:05 AM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• PMS can mimic preg symptoms exactly, and I have had that. I think Phantom pregnancy(thats the term used most often) is more involving how desperatly someone want to be preg. Before this pregnancy, I had many times when I wanted it so bad, I had the symptoms, but thats as far as it went, then I would take a test, it would be neg, and I would start my period that very nite.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 3:14 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• no I have not but my ex friend said she has
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 3:15 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I missed my period, had a positive test, and even had a miscarriage. When I told them that i thought I was pregnant, they ran tests on the "thing "that came out of me, and said that I had a psuedo pregnancy. I thought it was strange.
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 3:17 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Wow, this reminds me of family who have lost their limbs to diabetes and they think they still have them. They have phantom limbs!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 3:27 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• yeah i was under stress and trying to conceive my blood test were even out of wack
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:40 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• yes... I had one a year ago... pos test, all the symptoms, missed two periods. then I thought I was having a miscarriage they said the blood test came back neg for pregnancy... I bled for 3 weeks afterward. It was weird as hell.
    emmetsmom09

Answer by emmetsmom09 at 4:00 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Yes, it was during an emotional time in my life and I honestly thought I was pregnant - no periods, leaking breasts, and even feelings of "flutters" in my abdomen.
    Then my husband reminded me that I had a tubal many years ago (I suffer from memory loss) so I went to a gynecologist who did a pap and ran bloodwork on me.
    Of course, I wasn't pregnant, but my prolactin levels were really high, which is why my breasts were leaking, and one of the medications I was on caused an absence of menses as a side effect. Once I was taken off the medication my cycles returned and my prolactin levels returned to normal.
    What a strange time that was!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:15 AM on Mar. 31, 2009