lil confused...help ladies

I haven't had a period since before I concieved my son May 15th 07...can I get pregnant even though I havent had any periods? My SIL seems to think I can't.

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 3:27 AM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes. You can still ovulate without having a period. I havn't had a period sence January 08, but I still get cramps once a month. My doctor said that I was lucky because I was able to tell when I am ovulating.
    Some people believe that you can get pregnant if you don't have a period because they think that you are not ovulating. For example, the old wives tale "if you are breastfeeding you can't get pregnant"; we know that this isn't true, but some people belive it.
    I would just flatter her and make her feel like she knows what she is talking about.
    JenFunSniffer

Answer by JenFunSniffer at 3:52 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Yes, you can still get pregnant. I don't know whether or not you are breastfeeding, but I will assume you are since your period hasn't come back yet. It is possible to ovulate w/out having a period. And usually you will ovulate two weeks before you start up your period. Hope this helps.
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 3:53 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• yes you ovulate before you have your period so yes you can get pregnant
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:58 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• thanks ladies...and I actually stopped breastfeeding about three weeks ago.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 4:06 AM on Mar. 31, 2009