is bottled water better than faucet water

so i live in alaska and with mt.redoupt exploding ash every where is botteled water the way to go i grew up on well water and now live in the city and the water taste funny and after reduopt exploded ash my husband brought home botteled water wich seems to taste better and doesnt leave me with a dry itchy throat but health wise wich one is better?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:35 AM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• if you live in a big or semi-big city i would drink bottled water. i somewhat know how you feel because i used to live in vermont and always drank well water and now i live in arizona and the water here is nasty so i've gotten used to drinking bottled water, i think it's safer because you never know what the city actually puts in the water. with a well you know what goes in it at least most of the time.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 4:55 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I prefer bottled water, but to save on plastic, we buy those huge containers of water to store in the fridge and pour water into a glass or personal bottle when we need a drink.
    You can also install a filter onto your faucet, which will filter out any impurities, but your water may still taste "funny" if you drink it straight from there.
    I loved the well water we used to have, too.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:10 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• It would probably be a little cheaper if you got a filter, and just filtered the water. My mom lives in AZ and water staight from the tap isn't so great, but she has a filter and keep a pitcher of filtered water in the fridge and it tastes fine.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 5:15 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I love bottled water... but tap water has flouride in it... which is good to have for oral health... especially in pregos or kids. So... if you don't drink out of the tap I would recommend taking flouride tablets. It's the only health benefit the tap has.
    emmetsmom09

Answer by emmetsmom09 at 5:25 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• We filter the water from the tap, but I prefer bottled. Not purified water (same as the filtered from my tap) but the bottled spring water.

We did stop buying it to save on the plastic.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:43 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Not necessarily.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 6:21 AM on Mar. 31, 2009