what exercise is good?

ok so i am a few weeks into my 3rd pregnancy. by my calculations, i am almost 2 months but when i got to the dr's i'll know for sure. so.. what exercises are good and safe during pregnancy? i want to stay as healthy and whatnot as i can. i have been eatibng 4 small meals a day. lots of fruit and veggies ect. and drinking lots of water, milk and juice. just want to know what i can and can't do as far as staying as fit as i can.

sahmommy2

Asked by sahmommy2 at 6:29 AM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• dont do what you havent already. So if you were a jogger for years or a dancer keep doing it. If you have never in your life moved a muscle dont start now. Its best to just to minor stretches if you have never been active. I use to dance before baby and did during pregnancy and we still do now 15 months after :) hope this helps!
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 6:50 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• My doctor said keep doing what I've been doing & just listen to my body. He said no heavy lifting (which I don't do anyway) after 24 weeks.
    gaamom

Answer by gaamom at 8:03 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• thanks a bunch for both comments. i gained alot of weight with my 2nd pregnancy(i have 2 boys ages 7 and 5) and don't want to get excessively big this time around and i want to stay as fit as possible. now that the warmer weather is here.. i plan on walking like i did last year.(took an hour walk 4-5 times a week)
    sahmommy2

Answer by sahmommy2 at 7:40 AM on Apr. 1, 2009