Avent Bottles

Does anyone else have problems with the Avent bottles leaking? They've worked great for a while but now they are all leaking. They were bought at different times from different places. Does anyone recommend another bottle with the same type of nipple as the Avent?

VBeachMommy

Asked by VBeachMommy at 7:30 AM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had the same problem. My son drank only from the Avent bottles too until we just couldn't stand the leaking all the time. We switched to the Nuk bottles then and my son has loved them. He is just about off of them now and onto a sippy cup but the Nuk bottles were the best for us.
    jmoran

Answer by jmoran at 8:38 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• my avent bottles didnt leak that I can remember. Are you putting the nipple or the bottles in the dishwasher? Perhaps they are getting ruined that way? That was the only bottle my son would take.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 7:33 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• We're not putting them in the dishwasher.
    VBeachMommy

Answer by VBeachMommy at 7:34 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I used them and I have noticed if you don't put them on evenly and just tight enough they will leak. Sometimes you have to just play with it or get a different ring.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:37 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Ugh! We had this problem so bad and we eventually just got new bottle! I googled how to fix the problem and found this guy who said to try lining at least two of the vents on the nipple with the little white pieces that stick out around the bottom of the ring. That didn't work. We tried putting the ring on wet, dry, with the cap on, with the cap off, everything! Nothing worked! Supposedly if you put the top on until the cap spins freely of the ring, then they are not supposed to leak, but that didn't work! I hear that it's the new BPA free ones! We changed to the playtex ventaire and they are working great so far! And, they are much cheaper!
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 8:41 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• yup we stopped using them because of that!
    sunshine21pa

Answer by sunshine21pa at 8:56 AM on Mar. 31, 2009