• In the Spotlight:

I have a red itchy rash on one of my breasts. What could it be? I thought it was the nursing pad, but it hasn't gone away for about a week and a half!

Kennedysmom210

Asked by Kennedysmom210 at 7:53 AM on Mar. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• does it hurt at all and is it hot to the touch? Could possibly be a breast infection and if so get to the doctor ASAP they can get really really bad I've had three and thats how they started itchy and red then painful then more and more painful!
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 7:54 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• No, it doesn't hurt and I don't think it is hot to the touch.
    Would I go to a regular doctor or my OB/GYN?
    Kennedysmom210

Answer by Kennedysmom210 at 8:07 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• I found out mine was being allegric to spandex in bras. Let me tell you how hard it is to by a bra now. Forget cheap $5 bras now mine are $20+ or I break out. It was sudden and apparently is a permanant thing because if I try to go back to an old bra it breaks out again.
    partiesbyjan

Answer by partiesbyjan at 8:17 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• Maybe it's just dry skin. Use some lotion, breastmilk or Lansinoh on it to soothe.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:21 AM on Mar. 31, 2009

• It sounds like it could be a clogged milk duct.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 11:38 AM on Mar. 31, 2009